Security & Fraud
We take security very seriously at The Natural Sapphire Company. Purchases made through our secure website, in person, or by phone, are subject to extensive security checks to prevent fraud and give our customers the highest assurances of security and safety.
For Online Orders
- We subscribe to various third party services (www.signifyd.com) that do extensive background checks to research if any fraud activity has been associated with the person purchasing an item.
- We will only ship to confirmed and authorized billing addresses.
- If an item is paid for by check we will confirm that the check was not written or issued fraudulently.
- We do not ship items that are paid by check until the check and funds have cleared.
- We communicate with our customers via phone or email for all orders.
- We check the billing and shipping addresses for all orders and contact the customer if there are any discrepancies.
- We review the geographic locations of our orders.
- We log all incoming IP addresses for our online orders.
- We verify all AVS and Card Code Verification details.
- In most cases we can only discuss the details of an order with the individual paying for the item.
- For clients returning merchandise, our return procedures must be followed per our instructions. Items will not be accepted unless an RMA has been issued (see our return section for more information).
- For international orders, we reserve the right to refuse payment methods that are not direct bank transfers. However, in most countries we subscribe to services that can verify and meet our needed security measures to confirm valid orders.
- We reserve the right to refuse a sale to any person or entity for any reason.
- We follow the laws relating to the United States Patriot Act.
Please Note: Attempted fraud will be vigorously pursued, reported, and prosecuted by all available legal means. Our staff and security detail are extremely skilled and dedicated to preventing and detecting fraud. We actively report all attempts of fraud to law enforcement authorities.
For Phone Orders
Questions or changes regarding an order and/or its shipping service can only be discussed with the individual paying for the item, unless permission from the purchaser has been given.
The security measures listed for our online orders also apply to our phone orders.
For Showroom, Office and Workshop Visits
We encourage customers to visit our New York location to view our sapphires in person. Please review the security measures below if you plan to visit our office.
- Appointments are mandatory. For security reasons, we cannot allow visitors into our showroom, offices, or our workshop without a preexisting appointment. Appointments should be made in advance, at least two hours before your arrival time.
- All visitors must present a valid photo ID such as a drivers license, passport, etc.
- Visitors must be willing to have their photo ID scanned for our security records.
- All visitors granted access should be willing to accept a fingerprint imaging scan (no ink!) if requested.
- Visitors are scanned by metal detector and bags are subject to inspection.
- Weekend and after hours appointments are not available. We only accept visitors during our regular business hours, by appointment only (see our business hours) for more information.
- If you are a returning visitor you will be subject to our normal security procedures as will any accompanying guests.
A Note About Our Security Practices
We work with a contracted third party security company to keep our office extremely secure at all times. Our 24/7 armed guard security and surveillance service includes:
- 16 high resolution video cameras with audio in and around our location
- 10 motion sensors
- 18 door and window security contacts
- 6 vibration sensors
- 10 silent call buttons for police and third party armed guard response
- 3 sets of double-door man-trap systems with fail safe hardware
- 1 intake window with 2 inch thick bullet proof glass
- Steel reinforced walls at all entry walls and doors
- We are located in a high security office building
- Lobby and back-room security guards are on duty at all times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Armed guard security is on full time staff
Our independent 24/7 security monitoring company is one block from our location and will respond immediately if summoned. They have remote access to all of our security systems for instant monitoring and reporting.
Our security is meticulously detailed and we make no exceptions for anyone or any situation.
NOTICE: ARMED GUARD ON PREMISES
Our Online Security Policies
All online payments with credit cards are protected by the latest and most advanced online security technology. We use the same security used by commercial banks for their online banking services.
As an added security measure, we are certified by Verisign.
All transactions on our website go through SSL (Secure Socket Layers). This is the industry standard for online security and is also used by financial institutions. The security and privacy of your credit card, personal contact data, and all other electronic information is never at risk of being stolen or misused.