Understanding Sapphires In Spiritual Practices
Sapphires are known as the stones of wisdom and serenity. They are used to release mental tension and dispel depression. They are believed to facilitate meditation, calm the mind, and provide the mental clarity required to surmount obstacles.
Specific colors of sapphires are known to have additional attributes:
- Star Sapphires
- Exceptional for their protective qualities. The rays of the star represent faith, hope, and destiny.
- Yellow Sapphires
- Bring prosperity, stimulate the intellect, and remove toxins from the body.
- White Sapphires
- Open the crown chakra, which elevates spirituality and cosmic consciousness.
- Blue Sapphires
- Especially effective for chakra healing—especially the throat chakra. They are a good stone for those who are intent on finding spiritual truth.
- Purple Sapphires
- Improve meditation and psychic abilities. They are also effective in calming overwrought emotions.
- Green Sapphires
- Stimulate the heart chakra improving one’s capacity for compassion, loyalty, and trust in others. They also enhance your ability to recall dreams.
- Pink Sapphires
- Remove emotional stumbling blocks and illuminate the path to higher consciousness. They attract positive elements into your life.
- Black Sapphires
- Build both careers and the power of intuition.
Since precious metals are energy amplifiers, the metal used to mount sapphires also have the ability to augment the power of each of the sapphire varieties.
Gold’s biocompatibility and conductivity have been recognized for ages. Worn on the body, it is said to be helpful for treating blood, skin, and heart conditions as well as epilepsy, scoliosis, dyslexia, and autism.
Because gold is chemically inert, it is also believed to prevent spiritual corrosion, fatigue, and negativity. If the wearer is mindful to avoid a tendency toward greed, gold serves to relieve tension, anger, and feelings of inferiority. Yellow gold harnesses the warmth of the sun and it promotes self-awareness and the realization of dreams. Rose gold enhances spirituality, and white gold channels the energies of both the sun and the moon. Silver is often associated with the feminine characteristics of compassion and empathy. Because of these traits, it helps to channel the positive energy of gemstone–including sapphires–into the body. Learn more about sapphire jewelry and it’s tie to spirituality in our section on Sapphires and Jyotisha (Vedic Astrology).